12/29/09

Slick and Hazardous

So, hubby's mommy was scheduled to head over Saturday. After the ice and snow however, I didn't think she'd come and she probably should not have driven over on the roads. But, there's no stoppin a woman with her mind made up-so she headed over! Saturday morning hubby started the turkey in the smoker while I waited....then I got the go ahead to start cooking the rest of Christmas dinner! It was delicious. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls, gravy, dessert, we absolutely gorged ourselves. Then Patience and I headed over to take care of our horses, when we came back-we had ourselves a second Christmas!









The kids had lots more presents to open.






They were really excited!



Hubby started in on ours....



And the big family gift.....BAND HERO! Hubby and the kids played for six solid hours. (Plenty of time for me to finish my new book) MIL played on and off and everyone played with the new kinex sets!




On Sunday, we had to push MIL's car down the street a ways so she could get going and then we had horsey time again!
Here's Chester in his new blanket. I told D not to do anything for me feeding horses, but she didn't listen and bought the new blanket I've been lusting after. Chester looks great in it and he's really warm too! His friends chased him around for a bit....






Then everyone tried to eat it off....




Chester has pouted some about wearing clothes, but I am NOT taking it off. Especially since it's forecast to snow again.








Here's D enjoying the cold. She loves it when I take her picture :)







Hubby loves it too!








The boys are so bundled up, I can't see their faces. They love playing in the snow though, they've all three built snow men, made snow angels, and played endless snow fighting games.









Here's a great picture of Patience and Rascal (Ffire Danser). They love each other already.








So, I think we're officially horse women! We brave the wind, snow, rain, ice, etc to be with our horses everyday we can. Thankfully Patience does not pester me about when we're gonna go mess with our horses. She patiently waits until I've got everything together and is content to go whenever I go. I love it. I love Rascal too, she's so willing and cautious around my little ones. Hubby picked a good one, then again, he's really good at that :)
Can't wait till April-headed to another horse show. Oh, and I'm seriously working on gettin that second job now....









No comments: