12/20/10

Somebody's watching me...

The kids are out of school on Christmas break! This is exciting to me, because working horses is much more invigorating with Patience (able to do her own horse) and the boys (wreaking havoc) all running around, making noise, and shaking up the horse's dull lives a bit :) Today was rather interesting, I've separated Chester and Rascal into different paddocks because of some "fit" issues - mostly related to being friend sour and they seem to be doing sooo much better this way. Plus Chester was eating Rascal's tail and I can't very well take her to any show's with a half-eaten tail!
At any rate, us girls were feeding, grooming, mucking, etc while the boys took turns "working" each other in the round pen. (It's sooo cute, one of them stands in the middle with a whip and "drives" the other one around the pen-I need to get pics) After a while I kicked the boys out of the round pen and exercised Chester. When we got done, Patience asked if I was going to exercise Rascal and I told her yes, just let me get my stuff put up. Low and behold, I came out of the shed and Patience had Rascal bookin it around the round pen! Free lunge at that! My jaw absolutely hit the ground - I mean, we've worked on this before but Patience just wasn't catching on to the body language and they just didn't "click" so I've just been doing it. After I picked up my jaw I walked over and watched, just giving a few pointers. If I hadn't seen their communication with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it, they were totally in the zone and completely concentrated on each other!
Later on, in the car I asked Patience where she learned all that. She simply said she'd been watching me do it and so now she knows how...

No comments: