5/17/10

Changes



Technology never ceases to amaze me. I haven't been blogging, because our computer took a nose-dive crash. After trying to fix it and having no success, the ole trusty has been hooked back up. By "ole" I mean OLD - it's an early nineties model, but even though it's very slow, it seems to be working ok. There are sooo many updates! To start, Patience and I hitched a ride to the Green Country Arabian Classic last weekend (Thanks D!). We showed Chester and Rascal Sport Horse in Hand and they both did really well! This weekend turned out a success as well. Chester and Rascal have left the homeland, because I moved them to a different place on Sunday. What a day, we borrowed my dad and his trailer (he delivered it full of square bales - thanks Dad!) and spent the morning moving horses, stuff, and settling everyone in. I have so far been pleasantly surprised how well they're doing and how level-headed they are both being. This morning they both had a good walk, exploring all around, and a decent work-out in the round pen as well. Chester did not mind going with me and Rascal did wonderful by herself. When I took Rascal away from Chester though, he discovered being lonely and threw a fit. I just went ahead and left Rascal in the round pen till he got over it. All in all, I think this change will be good for the horses and good for the family!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Is that picture of the new place where you are boarding? It looks an awful lot like Boomer's old paddock! If it is where I think it is (north of Dewey?) you will really like it there!

Sally said...

Actually, they told me all about you! (all good stuff) The grass seed in the paddock was genius and they were really sad when you left...I think so far, we already love it here. It's different, because there aren't any other boarders right now, but hopefully that will change. -We were going to put the horses in a neighbor's pasture, but the fence was in poor shape and it needed a lot of cleaning, so I sure am happy they had a paddock available.

Heather said...

Did the grass seed actually come up??? It was starting to get overgrazed last spring and I think it needed rest, but the paddocks were full, so I tried reseeding to see if that would help. Johns job moved us in June before I could even know!
They are both really kind and helpful people and I really enjoyed boarding with them!
We actually drove past their place on Sunday morning on our way home from an Endurance ride. I saw sallies car pulling out, and it was a weird deja vu moment!
You know, I really liked the quiet atmosphere without too many boarders. It was nice to be able to have the roundpen/open area to ride in whenever I wanted.
Enjoy and tell them HI for me!!!

Sally said...

Reseeding a definite success. The quiet is growing on me, I think it's probably a good thing there aren't many other people around because I do take the kids to see the horses - Sallie said she didn't mind. I'll be sure and say hi for you, oh, and I'm following your blog - whatever :)