3/12/10

Well, I made it out of bed today...

The last week or so has been hell - to say the least. After a couple doctors and a couple days of missed work it's been discovered that I have an ulcer. Damn it, I never knew those pesky little things could be so life altering - or so pesky! Medicine has definetely helped, but even with the mountain of (very expensive) pills the doctor prescribed, I am still feeling like someone ran over me. After a couple days of not really knowing what was wrong I made a doctors appointment. The first mistake I made was not insisting that they see me that very day, but I had no idea everything was about to get a thousand times worse..when it did get worse, I went to an "after hours" clinic (another mistake) where after about ten seconds the (dumb***) Dr told me that I had a "virus" and it should last about twenty four hours. Umm, I've been sick already for three days, so I begged and begged my Doctor's office for the next possible appointment. At this point, I'd already missed a whole day of work and nothing was getting better. Well, the next appointment just happened to be the next day and I was scheduled to work - so I called in and went to the doctor. I hesitated to call into work - being a new employee and knowing how much missing work is frowned upon in my profession, yet I quite frankly did not know how I was going to work. I'm glad the doctor's appointment won. My hubby has been very worried, and to be honest I was probably more worried than he was :) Doctor says it's gonna take a month or more for everything to get normal, but so far the meds are helping and I made it out of bed!

1 comment:

D said...

And I am so glad your getting better. Knew something wasn't right just didn't know what it was! Hang in there and it will be a great summer!! We'll get everything back on track.
D