9/4/10

Enjoy Life.

I've had to make some more horsey changes, but for the better. Chester went on some better feed, the Purina Healthy Edge Strategy and Rascal went on a serious diet. She's dropped about 400lbs (yes she had that much to loose). It's so nice to finally be able to regulate the horses diet and all their care myself! They've also both been on a regular exercise program. I think, that they look wonderful and I can tell they feel wonderful.





Chester looking handsome for the camera.....





and Rascal throws a little of that diva attitude over my way!
I have to admit, most of my horsey deadlines have been moved. Hubby pointed out in mid July that perhaps there was a little too much going on and that being super tired and trying to train the horses constantly was "overwhelming me." (His nice way of saying you're tired and being a *itch) Sooo, after evaluating his opinion, I decided he just might be onto something. I've re-evaluated myself and even though I spend less days actually "training" I think we're making more progress - just because I only "train" on the days I've got the energy and if I'm too tired we just groom or hang out. Frankly, I think we're all enjoying each other more this way. Deadlines are for people who need deadlines. Our family has horses to enjoy the horses, so that's what we've been doing! On an interesting note - I don't know if anyone else has been feeling the economic crunch, but we have. The October Arabian show at the Tulsa state fair is out this year, but there is an open show charging $5 per class at the end of this month we just might load up and go to. Another big expense is the farrier, and I'm seriously considering starting the horse trims myself. -Listen to my whining, and all the while I'm trying to find two saddles :) Anyway, that's today's update, hope to keep it up!

No comments: