9/21/10

Time off...

Wow, six whole days off! I didn't ask for a vacation, but that's how my schedule worked out this weekend, and I wasn't about to argue! First, a little extra sleep and some movie's. Then working the horses and grocery shopping. After that, a visit home to see grandma. Saturday I took the kids to the Indian Summer Festival here in B-Ville in the am, then to the Western Heritage Days in Dewey for the afternoon. What a blast! Sunday Patience had her 11th (yes count 'em) birthday party. I've had plenty of extra time to work the horses and I even accomplished a couple of goals. First, Chester and Rascal will both let me sack them out with a tarp. So far, Chester will stand on it only with his front feet, but Rascal walks over it no problem. Second, I trimmed Chester's hooves myself! I would have done Rascal as well, but my back was screaming, so she gets it tomorrow. I know, what mundane things to have accomplished, but they're exciting to me.
On another note. Patience is going to join the local 4-H horsey club and she is dead set on having a horse to ride. She saved all of her money from her birthday and we have discussed the fact that mom and dad can only afford to keep two horses so one must go and left the decision up to her. After some careful thought, she decided a horse to ride is what she wants. -Interestingly enough, I am having a tough time deciding just which one will have to find a new home.

No comments: