8/2/10

Musings

Goodness, it's been HOT around here! 115 for the "heat index" yesterday and believe me, the horses are feeling it-yeah right! The two of them seem to thrive in the heat, running around in the evenings has become a favorite pass time. I have to say, I join in their game and almost had a heatstroke last night.

Chester is doing wonderful under saddle, I've started using a mechanical hackamore and he seems to do really great with either that or just a halter.




Rascal, however, has been a royal pain in the ass. A few weeks ago the farrier came out and she gave him a little trouble, while he was there I asked his opinion. His opinion was that I've been letting my daughter handle her. Rascal needs a firm leader. Hmmm. I took some of his advice though, and I have to say, Rascal is more respectful with me, but more willing for Patience. If that makes any sense. I have been thinking of sending her away for ninety days later this year (must have the money first). Not because I don't think I can train her myself, just that maybe a full-time working mother of three and wife may not have enough time to train TWO horses.


2 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

It's good to see you back again!

Sally said...

Thanks Misfit! It's really been a crazy summer..