11/8/09

Fallin Hard

No, not on the ground.. I was so super tired this weekend. Chester didn't get any quality time until Sunday afternoon. We went to work out in the round pen and he laid his ears back and I could tell he was limping-not bad, just enough to be uncomfortable. He must have whacked himself, we're both a klutz. Exercise got cancelled. Then, I got a wild hair and asked hubby for a leg up while D held Chester-not all the way, I just lay there on his back. Darndest thing happened-for one; I got an image of my big ass hangin for everyone to see and couldn't quit laughing. For two; I really, really, really liked it up there on my horse. He didn't seem to mind to much. Oh boy, you're in for it Chester. For today though, another walk was enough.
Okay, and this one is rather silly, but read it anyway:
If horses aren't in heaven
I may refuse to go.
For without them, who'll carry me to and fro?
If my dog's not there to greet me,
I just will not stay
Who'll sit with me and watch the horses
munch their sweet baled hay?
-Sally Massey

2 comments:

D said...

Hey, at least your husband doesn't "beep--beep--beep--beep" when your in that position! Chester did great, and I like the poem. Check your email, sent pictures.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, I love that poem!

I miss just sitting on my horse as she grazed. Very relaxing and peaceful.


~Lisa