6/12/10

Progress

Thought I'd go ahead and post some update pics, plus I'm so proud of our progress!
The boys went to a birthday party this afternoon, so Patience and I headed over to mess with the horses - guess what? They were both still wearing their fly masks! Chester is doing fine with saddling, as you can see here, he's about to fall asleep.




Bridling is not a problem either, I think he's getting bored with that too. Note: You should probably not put pieces of tack in your mouth, because said pieces of tack may or may not have been on the ground where there may or may not have been horsey poop.







Here's the ride! All we're doing is just walking in circles, and that's all we'll do next time too. Did you think we'd take off in the pasture? Come on, you know me better than that :)






We did circles to the right as well, but I think the camera girl got bored.








After Chester and I took our ride, it was time for Rascal to work her buns off. Literally. She's still uncomfortable with the saddle, but with some gentle encouragement she does just fine.









For the last few weeks, Rascal has been learning that she does have to work. I had really been getting after her for some physical effort, but those days are long gone - as you can see, I don't even need a whip anymore! Not only that, but she pays excellent attention and is ready to do whatever I ask. She's still a pain sometimes, but not in a super annoying way ;)






Ah, the helmet monster! She's quit jigging in circles, but is still very very scared of that thing. Couple more weeks and she'll be an old pro.





Another milestone for Rascal is that she's bridling and unbridling with no problems. (It is however, still yucky).







After working the horses, letting them graze, feeding, and replacing the fly masks (phew) Patience and I were hot and ready for some AC. Before we could enjoy though, this little turtle had to get some help crossing the driveway. I just couldn't bear to leave it and lucky for me Patience was willing to touch it!







Have fun, and enjoy your family and horses as much as I am!





1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Chester and look great! And are coming along nicely, too. Well done!

Oh. My camera kidlet often gets bored when filming me, too. lol!


~Lisa