2/19/10

A little Cabin Fever, but ended up a great day!

So, my kids came back from a grandma visit last weekend completely exhausted. They were all three on the tail end of a pretty bad cold with a cough but hubby thought they should go. Wrong choice. My little Tristan came home and promptly spiked a 103 fever = pneumonia + a whole week of missed school. Fun fact about me: I work in a Children's Hospital. After other's sick little one's and my own and the prospect of only one more day off I decided a little Wynchester time was desperately needed. I had to wait Wednesday till hubby got off work, but I shot out the door like a rocket hollerin "Be back later" practically before he could get in a hello! Chester misses me and I was dang near collapsing from horsey withdrawals LOL. D reports he does get pissy when I can't get by for a few days :)

Well, well. Look who's decided to show up! Where've you been?





I groomed and groomed Chester, yappin about stuff the whole entire time. We both got therapy!
I think we've both put on a little "winter weight" Chester. Better start workin out. You look great though (as do I).




Hey Chester, wanna try some more riding today? The weather's nice.



To keep everything good and safe (I do have people to support) Dian held the lunge line and we walked around. I do have one fear issue to work through: hitting the ground. Don't laugh, Chester is very, very sensitive and if given the wrong signal he could very well shoot right out from under me. It would totally be my fault. Taking all this into consideration, we took the time to relax. I talked about relaxing and relaxed, and then Chester was totally relaxed. It was a good day for both of us!




3 comments:

D said...

Hey, look, a picture! HEHEHE. You both did good. Was a good day. Need many more like that.
D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Chester's so cute! Nice to see you up there on his back. My previous mare, Baby Doll was sensitive like that. If I even squeezed my legs or bmped her with my foot, even by accident,m she would have shot me to the moon!

This little mare I've been trying out is a lot less sensitive and forgiving. I'm starting to think I like that better over the sensitivity.

Oh and I don't miss all the colds and sickness my kids used to get when they were in public school. None of my family has been sick in years now, except maybe a runny nose. We've been homeschooling for over 5 years now and I'm glad not to be sick all the time, too, from all the ickies the kids would bring home from school.


~Lisa

Sally said...

Lisa-
I think Chester and I have a TON of work before we'll be comfortable. He's so young, so I think we can work through it okay.
As for the homeschooling: How do you afford it?!