2/21/10

Well CRAP!

I am a sucker. Saturday was a perfectly normal day till I went across Eliza Creek to feed Auti and the girls...I spotted this little dog. She was so happy to see someone and when she came running up to me, I noticed that she'd gotten tangled in a thorn bush, some burrs, and definitely some stinky mud. She seemed nice enough, so I got out half of a cheeseburger (I didn't eat all of it) and gave it to the poor thing. Then I fed the horses and got ready to leave: so did she. When I opened my car door she hopped right in and the thorn branch stuck to her back got caught on my seat. Crap. Having a concious can be so annoying. I took off my coat, wraped her up and proceeded to drive around and find the owner. To my dismay, no one has ever seen this dog. Again - CRAP. So, I took her home cut out the thorns and burrs, fed her and crated her in our garage. Hubby was out of town (lucky for me). This morning, I started in on her hair and it took me TWO HOURS to cut out the mats everywhere...literally like something you'd see on animal planet - her hair had even grown all around the collar! After trimming, she got a bath and some frontline. I've been trying to find an owner/ad for a lost dog, but with no luck. D is going to ask around tomorrow. I can not keep her, I can not keep her, I can not keep her....


But dang it! She's good with dogs, cats, kids, and horses.

7 comments:

D said...

AAAWWWWW, she is cute ya know. I'll !
D

Misfit in Paradise said...

OMG! How can you NOT keep her?

Sally said...

Aw Misfit?! I can't keep her because I have too many animals and it would be irresponsible...

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Are you sure you're not my neighbor? This very same thing seems to happen to her. Every time I see her she's got another dog and she swears it's the last one...
: )
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Sally said...

From the looks of your pics I kinda wish I WAS your neighbor! But sorry, no. She has found a wonderful home and the lady is coming to pick her up today! Thank goodness, cause I was gettin attached :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, what a cutie. Small dogs are very popular. I'm amazed that she even went missing at all.
The owner might want to keep her on a leash or in the yard much more safely, or else she might not get her back if she gets loose again.


~Lisa

Sally said...

Lisa-you would be amazed at the animals that get dumped out here in the country. I don't know if it's lack of compassion or ethics. I'm glad she found a good home - she's an only dog there and will be so spoiled :)