1/3/10

Horse Happenings

Today's high was twenty three degrees. When I woke up, another Winter Weather Advisory had been issued. That means more snow and in the ten day forecast, there's not one day above freezing. I am so glad Chester has been staying warm and dry in his blanket. I think he's getting used to the blanket and is appreciating it more. Today, he was really content to hang in the round pen with me and get some love. He seems to be tolerating the cold well, staying perky but definitely not acting as if there's another cold front coming in...






He really loves his everyday "treat." Weight builder is the bomb and it must taste good.




I really thought Patience should just stay at home, inside and warm. She really thought different. I relented, and watched her fall several times on some ice. I almost had a heart attack, but as Chester is a big highlight of my day, I just have to assume that Rascal is the highlight of HER day-and I don't want to deny their time together. Here they are: Rascal puts her head way down as if to say "MY little person is here to see me."



Rascal gets an awesome grooming everyday. They really seem to bond more and more each day. Some days Patience just wants to stand and talk to her...



Rascal is delighted by the jabber and humming while little Miss just brushes away...





When we got done grooming and feeding I caught these lovely ladies waiting for some yummy treats.


A calm seems to have settled over the horses. They're waiting out winter, just like us.

2 comments:

D said...

Love the pictures, but how come there are so many red horses! Aaahhhh, I must be **s deep in chestnuts. HEHE. Hope you night is going well. Can't sleep.

Sally said...

Chestnut's roasting on an open fire...Chestnut is a great color, especially with all the SNOW for a background!