1/1/10

New Year

I'd say we brought the new year in with a bang! We finished the year off with a fantastic dinner-Steak and Shrimp... About eleven thirty we told the kids it was just about time to head outside...







It was really freaking cold, we lit off fireworks and gave midnight kisses-then went back inside.






After we lit fireworks and put the kids to bed, I had a little time for reflections. I miss summer is what that boils down to!



Remember long, warm, sunny days? Green pastures filled my dreams. As I've said before though, winter does have it's advantages...



Plenty of "together time."



Lots of ground work gettin done!







Christmas has certainly been a huge highlight!





TONS of snow to play in.








Beautiful, quiet winter mornings.








Okay, I'm done pouting about the cold. Doesn't she look sooo cute?!








Max loves the snow!









Sunny is just so hyper this time of year!









I guess you could say 2009 was a good year for us. Hopefully 2010 turns out even better! Lots of horsey goals...There's the show in April and a trail ride in October I'd like to take Chester and Rascal on. Sport Horse Regional's are on my mind as well...we'll see about that. Hope everyone had a great start to the new year, best wishes from our family to yours!








3 comments:

D said...

Love the pictures of Hubby and Sami! And yes, definitely miss those summer days. But it has been a great Christmas and hopefully a prelude to the coming year.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lots of happy faces, both humans and critters.
Your fireworks photos are stunning!

I wish for you lots of dreams come true this year!

Happy New Year!


~Lisa

Sally said...

Lisa-Thanks for the well wishes, and right back atch!
D-I can only hope this year is better, but it can't get much better than '09 for me-that's when I found Chester (and you)!