1/6/10

Why do you make it so difficult?

Look at these three innocents. Yep, the one in the back got on my list today too.


Who? Us, we haven't done anything wrong!



Ummm, who DID this?! You're water is gonna be frozen! Don't you watch the weather, there's an arctic blast comin in tonight!









It wasn't either one of us! But we know who did it.




I took a second look at this heater and look at the heater in the yearling pen, the one in the yearling pen is in about thirty pieces! Ugh.






Wait a minute. I JUST put that back!









Welll, don't look at me, I didn't do anything.










I'm just tryin to get a drink...





AHA! Liar, you just got caught Sweetie!







Rachael, how could you?








GAHHHHH! CHESTER NOOOOOO! My sweet innocent boy, you're gonna get in trouble!






Oh, I know, I love you too-you sweet, ornery, innocent, happy, lovable, forgivable you.






After trying desperately to keep the dang heaters IN the water I gave up and went to tattle. In the mean time, Rascal's belly strap has come undone and I really need to rehook it. It's come undone a couple other times and I did not have any trouble - until today. Rascal is picky about eating. I thought-I'll just feed her, snap on the leadrope, fix the belly strap and be on my way. NOT! She wouldn't let me near her-Princess says "Do not touch me while I'm eating and I'm not gettin near my feed as long as your there!" I really tried to be patient and sweet talk her but she was just being stubborn. Well, stubborn met with stubborner: I picked up the damn feeder, dumped the feed back into the bucket and walked off. She was shocked and followed me to the gate where I turned around, snapped the leadrope on and fixed the bellystrap. I did manage to tell her what a good girl-finally! Sigh, why do they make it so difficult?








7 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Because they can!

Anonymous said...

We have better luck with the circular metal sinking heaters - they stay put and there's less temptation to grab and pull them out of the tank. Like the pictures with the cute horse ears!

Sally said...

Misfit - LOL! Yes, because they can!
Kate - Thanks!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

ARGH! can you say DUDLEY?! damn horse had the floating heater cord in his mouth, flapping it up and down, up and down - I was so afraid he was going to break the cord and electrocute himself and the whole herd, I took it out! I tried to come up with a cage that covered the heater, tying it out of his reach, but I couldn't figure it out. So I left it out and went back to busting the ice in the mornings!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Sally said...

Hey! Merri stopped by MY blog! For those of you who haven't been to The Equestrian Vagabond, click on the link and prepare for THE best horsey pics ever.
As far as the dang heaters, I am just not sure there's a thing to keep the horses out when they're that bored and determined...

Heather said...

Run the cord through the hole in a cinderblock, the cinderblock keeps the heater from floating and keeps it from being pulled up by the cord.

Sally said...

D has a solution to the floating heaters gettin demolished! She ordered the heaters that screw into the plug on the tanks..hopefully that'll do it!