12/7/09

Going back...

On Thanksgiving day, we headed west to celebrate. Actually, I was missing my grandma-and as it turns out-I miss my prairie...Nothing but long roads bordered with flat land. Flat land that goes on and on.







Green wheat fields are commonplace during winter.
Cattle. Cattle on the wheat and roaming fields.



I'm sure my dad will be excited about this pic. He was almost giddy happy that we decided to stop by.

The view from my old bedroom window.





Poor Ms Sami, she has no idea how to be a farm dog. The salt block was terrifying. She's getting better at being a stable dog though.


This used to be a full on fence, the fence I tied Buck to everyday for grooming and saddling before our rides.







I did make it to my Grandmas house, and EVERYONE was there. Let's see: Brother and nephew...






Brother and SIL...






Cousin Trav, he's practically a brother from the way we grew up! He's smilin so big 'cause I just muttered to my mother to just take the damn picture already!









And finally! Grandma. The most kind, generous, loving soul you'll ever know.










"The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman"
-Unknown





No comments: