12/19/09

While the boss is away....

Dian and Marlin left yesterday to visit family for Christmas. I've been left in charge of thirty some odd horses care and feed/water. It's actually kind of flattering and nice for them to get away for the weekend and trust me to take care of that many animals!
Chester has been getting more grooming and play time than anything else lately. His ground work is going to be a rock solid foundation and I'm waiting for some warmer weather for more under saddle time. Yesterday I got out a measuring tape-super SCARY! He acted terrified, but let me measure: He's about 14.3 which is great considering how much more growing he's got ahead of him. His weight looked to be 730-740lbs. He really looks great and he's learning more everyday. We've been working turning on the forehand and hind from the ground and Chester caught on quicker than I expected. Of course, next time it will be all new :) One step forward and two steps back! We dance.

No comments: