6/22/09

HOT

No other word for it. This morning, I decided not to go see Chester till later...at 7pm it was still 95 and humid. I went anyway, and all we did was grooming and some more plastic bag-only because one blew across the pen and he spooked a little. Worked on the leg positions for in-hand. Arabianhorses.org states its traditional to have right front leg slightly back and right hind leg slightly forward with natural head and neck position. Chester caught on really quick and started putting his legs in the right spot every time we stopped. Gonna have to work on how it looks some more. The weight builder seems to be working well and I called to schedule an appointment for the "dentist". Teeth floated, wolf teeth removed, and coggins drawn. I met this vet once, and he seems OK and down to earth. I forgot to post about Chesters milestone on Friday-he got out of his pen and got to graze nearby on a long line for safety sake. He did very well. Before I left, Chester got all kinds of lovey kissies from me, he's such a gentleman!

No comments: