6/17/09

Just another day in paradise.

Today, was a good day. The kids didn't wake me, my alarm never went off, Sami gave me morning kissies, my Chester was an angel, and my husband cooked dinner while I went for a swim.
Today, Chester got his weight builder. Smarty pants Gracie got wind of the round pen work and wouldn't get out so...she stood tied for a good twenty minutes before I worked her too. She's really a pain (lovingly). I think I got "turning on the forehand" accomplished today, Dian tried to explain and she even gave me a book with pictures, but it's really out of my realm. Needless to say, I think Chester at least did it right. He stood tied for about twenty minutes too. Then I worked voice commands in the round pen. So far we're doing good on walk, trot, whoa, and easy. In hand is progressing nicely. I'm all hooked up for the Arabian Show in Tulsa now because Dian gave me a packet with all the papers to fill out and pointed out the stuff we can enter. So, Halter and Sport Horse in Hand it is. (I've always had a bad habit of entering whatever I possibly can).
My it was hot today! I just am gonna have to get used to it-already thinking about the Tevis Cup! Dad called today and said he's got wind of a couple more horse trailers but he hasn't gone and looked yet-maybe this weekend. He's really good at finding a bargain.
Gonna go ridin Prise tomorrow afternoon and then maybe again Sat, Sun morning. Workin on getting my legs in shape and just riding in general. Oh, I almost forgot-Chester knocked over my bucket today and while he was playing around with all the crap I stepped up on the bucket and he got All my weight on his back! Never moved a muscle! I'm a proud momma!!!! I've got pics now too, and have no idea how to get them from my e-mail to here. Maybe later!

No comments: