6/21/09

Weekend chronicles...

Friday night was good, worked Chester, went and ate at Taco Mayo, and then we rented a few movies. Saturday morning I got up and rode Prize for a couple hours. It's refreshing to get on a horse again and relaxing, but I have to say...I missed Buck a lot that morning. Just a matter of getting to know Prize a little better, plus I rode the same horse for close to fifteen years.

We went to Woolaroc after I got home, and I have to say we all loved it! I can't belive we've not been before. After Woolaroc, we drove over to Atwoods-yes, my favorite store in the whole world! I have no control there, so Random coming with me is a MUST. Kinda like me going to look at trucks with him-but dammit, he didn't help. I did get a ton of neat crap, new buckets, some splint boots, hay bag thingy...etc. Oh, and I can not let this story go-I've been exposed to the ugly truths of owning a male horse. Dian calls it the "unspoken" of the horse world-sheath cleaning. Frankly, I could have went my whole life without knowing, but I must learn everything so I dove in..even watched a how to video. Now, I could have ordered the cleaner off the net a few times, but I just didn't think about it. I could use Ivory, but Chester deserves the best. So I guess I dug my own hole. Random has emphasized many times how he's NOT helping and is NOT gonna be around when this horrible act goes down on Chester. I must now tell the story...

After messing around Atwoods and walking up and down several isles, I can't find sheath cleaner. I spot an employee helping another customer around the animal med fridge. He's chatting inteligently and is an older cowboy-looking sort, so I kinda figure he might understand what I'm looking for (and not leave me completely embarassed for asking). I approach as soon as he's done helping, and I politely, if not quietly ask if they carry any sheath cleaner. "Eh" he says with his hand cupped around one ear. Ok, hard of hearing-I completely understand. A little louder now I ask again for sheath cleaner. "Sheep shears" he questions? Um, no. EQUINE SHEATH CLEANER, I say quite loudly. He looks confused. Again EQUINE SHEATH CLEANER, for my MALE HORSE. Another look, he's got no idea or he can't hear me. FOR MY HORSES PENIS-come on man, I've got my kids with me...Some time during the conversation (if that's what you can call it) Random walks up and is very amused at my current situation. The ole man and I went back and forth a few more times when Random finally steps in and practically yells "she needs the special soap for her horse PECKER". (OMG) Well, ole cowboy redded up like a tomato! He turned to me and stuttered, "Oh no ma'am, we don't carry anything like that here!" He scooted away faster than I've ever seen a man move. Did he even figure out what we were wanting? Damn, I messed up my eye makeup I got the giggles sooo bad. Must not have been a real cowboy.

After the real special incident, my mother called. She's in OKC and just bought two new couches. Can we come and get her other one? Ok mom, a month ago you were complaining about your six month old sofa. I asked if you wanted to sell, you said how much. We got all the basics out of the way and you said no hurry, you haven't found anything you liked yet. Can you give me a little more warning next time, please? At least we have a fairly new couch now.

Sunday equals lazy day. Sleeping in, movies, swiming,some spur of the moment horseback riding. Two mares and a stallion. Dian says he's ok, and frankly he acted like a gelding. By some miracle, I was not late for work, my husband still loves me (I made him a fried chicken dinner for fathers day), my kids are happy, and Sami gives me bye kissies. AHHH.

No comments: