6/15/09

I'm not a horse whisperer!

Really, I'm not! I just want Chester to enjoy us as much as we enjoy him! He's so sweet and loving toward everyone, sometimes I just want to hang out with him.
But today, we worked on standing tied-which was a total breeze. I even tried something by myself. The yearlings were eating dinner, so the pen was empty. I locked their paddock gate and took Chester into the yearling pen to walk around. He did wonderful-especially considering his two year old crew were running around like, well two year olds. Last time I did this, Dian locked the gates and while we were standing there talking, Chester bit me and Clay (my 6 yr old son) stepped on a nail. Today was sooo much better! Afterwards, I tied Chester again and he stood for a good rinse. I think he's just really down for whatever I feel like doing.

Afterthought: Random (my husband) was totally against the idea of me getting a horse-so I did anyway. He really likes Chester, you should have heard him baby-talking today during rinse.

No comments: