6/18/09

How can you tell the fryin pan is hot? Touch it...

I can't remember exactly when I figured out Chester's afraid of a plastic grocery bag. I can remember the first time I took one in the round pen. He had a moment, ran around the round pen freakin out and finally he fell. Got me all wound up, and I decided right then and there that the damn bag fear HAD to go! So, I've already sacked him with the bag and I was getting bored today (I know at least when I'm a little bored Chester is too) so I decided to see just how well he's standing tied. I got out the bag and he snorted and ran around a little, then I tied him and got out the bag. He tested my knot and didn't freak. He was tense for sure, but he stood and let me "sack" him again. I put the bag on the ground, and we walked all around it-he never spooked he just looked at it really hard. I've decided instead of the bucket for brushes and stuff, they're going in the bag and it should make for an interesting weekend! Worked on the turning on the forhand stuff and have a book borrowed that's helping lots. Whoa was a little harder today, I think because of the bag, he sure is pretty when he gets a little riled! I also left him-completely walked off-while he stood tied, and he was an angel.
My children totally conned Marlin today, he decided it was too hot for them to be outside so they got to go in and watch spongebob. Seriously, after we got home I couldn't get them in the house! Gonna have to train Marlin too while I'm there...
Random used Marlins welder to get the hitch on the truck today, one thing down at least. Just need a trailer now. Having a handyman for a husband is priceless!

No comments: