6/29/09

Very exciting weekend!


What is that?

My hands are shaking!



Chester workin hard...




My hands are shaking!



Good boy kissies!
So, friday night after it cooled off, Chester got a bath and some mane and tail treatments. His leg is fine by the way. Saturday, I got the kids up at about five thirty (yes - am) and we worked Chester while it was cool. Sunday, was the nerve racking day, for me anyway. Chester started out a little wiley, kicking at me in the round pen, so he got worked a little extra by me and Dian. Probably the weather combined with no feed till after work.
Anyway, Chester got in a trailer!!! First time and HE (at least) did very very well. I was scared shitless. It only took about five minutes for his front half to get in, and then the rest went very quickly. There was hay in the front and after he loaded/unloaded a few times he got a bucket of feed in the front as well. Loaded like a pro and I've got pics to prove it! Now I'd like all the haters to come meet my "crazy arab" - never mind, Chesters probably smarter and I don't want to insult his intelligence.
My MIL came and got the kids sunday evening and monday morning was some really fun riding. I'm glad it's cooled off a little. Monday afternoon was a disaster for me, I've got to stay out of that F*%#$ Atwoods store but I needed flyspray and then...well lets just say, I don't have to borrow so much and Chester has some liniment for his back legs. They're really ok, but I think all the stomping or maybe just a little sore from whatever. Oh, and they have SMB elites now and I did not buy them, I have some self control! (D, I left that blanket in your truck) What a weekend!


No comments: