10/5/09

How much can you do in one day?

Wednesday September 30, 2009

WOW! This morning, I got everyone up and going, finished packing the explorer, last minute decided to take Ms Sami, got the boys to school, got drinks and groceries for the show, and went to find the rest of my show outfit! Patience and I finally headed over to D's house and did some more last minute trailer packing...Then it was official load-up time! We walked Chester and Tez down the driveway without any hitches and then loaded them up. Just imagine this....I loaded Chester by myself this time!!! He just about beat me into the trailer, but we did it! After Patience, Dian, Sami, and I got loaded in the truck it was across the road to get Prize..Dian was worried about catching her, but she snuck one in and the catch/load only took about five minutes. Then it was OFF TO THE FAIR! I don't think any of us sat still the whole way there. Marlin followed with some shavings and the horses did great in the trailer. Ignorance is bliss for me, I didn't realize there was sooo much checking in, unpacking, WORK to be done : )





We're here checking in!







Sami waiting in the tack stall while we unloaded EVERYTHING!


Chester and Prize settling in and having a chit chat...






Patience waiting for a hot dog.





Here's Dian's stallion table complete with fliers and candy.


After getting stuff/horses unloaded, Dian proceeded to take me to the THREE check-in's while Patience and Marlin cooked hot dogs in the microwave. I was exhausted at this point, but there was much more to be done! D and Marlin went and parked the trailer (she rented a spot with electric) and Marlin went on home. After that, Prize got bathed and we took Chester and Tez around to explore some and get used the the total sensory overload...I have to say, Chester has only been to the vet a couple times-I don't know what I expected as far as behavior from him, but he was a champion. From the trailer to the stall, he never spooked one time. During our exploration in the evening, he was really nervous but he never forgot where I was.


Patience says goodnight to Prize!






Dian turned around and Sami had decided her spot was good for a bed!






There was a lot of girly giggling goin on, but hey, we got rid of the boys for a while!








Can I come up there with you?







I'll just stay here then...



At this point, I could hardly sleep I was soo nervous. The show starts at eight, my alarm is set for 5:15am!


No comments: