10/7/09

It's Showtime!




Thursday October 1, 2009





We all got up around 5am (Patience was a little cranky) ate breakfast, took showers, got the horses fed/watered, said hello to daddy and the boys, got dressed and ready and then waited....The sport horse classes were on an open card, so around 8am the show started but it was a little crowded so we decided to wait a bit-MISTAKE. The damn Tulsa State Fair people closed the Mustang arena completely down to do a photoshoot! Two hours, can you believe it!? Dian and I had to walk Chester and Tez around for a while to try and calm them down and in the meantime grandparents and daddy entertained the kids so they didn't get to antsy and bored. Wow, all that waiting....it gave my stomach even more time to act naughty!









Can you tell Patience is cranky?






I have no idea how early hubby got the boys up, but they were all there by 7am!



Tristan found a good spot!




Patience waits-she's ready for her class!





Okay Nancy, this pic isn't fair but I'll get you back...





Even poor Chester is waiting patiently.


Finally! Time to gooooo. Dian and I stood for a few minutes while the horses before us went and we talked more about the pattern, stance, etc...the last thing I remember her saying was that if you screw up the pattern it's an automatic disqualification. Shit, I was so nervous/wound up and so worried about Chester that I screwed up the freaking pattern. The judge was super nice and corrected me instead of disqualifying Chester! WOW!



Dian and I patiently did circles...






Wow! Chester looks sooo handsome!







Here is the judge. He could tell how nervous I was and said "Hey, this is fun right!" I agreed and he explained the pattern (yes, even after I'd been told twice I still screwed it up) and off we went! He corrected me when I did wrong and advised me to give Chester more line to trot out and RUN beside him. I was under the impression that judges were serious, uptight, and never smiled. Boy, was I ever wrong!








Here are the winners! I would like to thank Dian right now, without her help and guidance neither Patience or I would have been able to show.








Here is Patience ready to go! After D and I finished our class she took Patience over to watch the English riding classes to get a better idea of what she's supposed to be doing. Best idea ever.
When it was about time, Dian went to get Prize warmed up while I got Patience ready. Dian was so worried about Prize (It was her first show as well) but we put Patience up and they looked like the perfect team!









Can we go yet?!








Wow, who are you and what have you done with my daughter?






Dian went out for the lineup, I wanted to take pictures!





Everyone was so excited! Prize and Patience had to stand for pictures for a good ten minutes!













There are a few neat points to share:
The professional pictures from the show are at http://www.showchampions.com/

Chester and I made it on the news! No kidding, we are famous! Randoms aunt Gina was by the fence during our class and the news crew talked to her and filmed Chester and I as a plus! They actually did a really nice piece combining our class with some other classes and interviews...
I am so proud of Tez, Chester, Patience, and Prize!
After Patience portion of the show was over, all the relatives left. That gave us time to eat, relax a little, feed/water the horses, and listen to the kids say over and over - "Is it five yet?" The Tulsa State Fair Starts at five!






The Massey family extends a Huge THANK YOU to Dian and Marlin Bales at Eliza Creek Arabians for their continued help and support involving us in every aspect of the amazing Arabian Horse.




No comments: