10/13/09

Relax and Ride.

Saturday October 10, 2009

The most challenging part of the ride is yet to come. Complete with steep climbs and water crossings aplenty!










We're off again, this time headed west along the fenceline.








Take a vote. Is Dian having a good time?





At this point, I couldn't decide if the weather was going to get colder or stay the same. The sun kept coming in and out...










There were usually hang-ups at the water. Prize and Garry would not have went if not for Baby.





Dian, as always the social butterfly-I just take pics.






Now this little horse impressed me. Before we started again, the lady on the horse next to the gray, had the gray lay down on the ground so the little girl could mount!













Wide open spaces - they're hard not to take off in.





































This water was moving along pretty good from all the rain.







Wow, we've been a long way! At one point I finally talked D into a little fun. Hold the horses in on the down (to let the one's in front give some room) and then take off up the hill! At one point I gushed "Hey! I'm cantering! I haven't done that in like TEN YEARS!" I wasn't kidding, it's probably been eleven. At that point though, I looked down to find Prize had lost her right front shoe. Bummer, cause we still had a way to go. She did good though, I let her pick her way and although it got tender she wasn't injured.















If I can hitch a ride next year, I will go on the Diabetes ride again. It's well put together, beautiful, and at $45 it's a total bargain for a day of fun!











No comments: