10/29/09

A little slice of my heaven...

I found a bargain! I've been looking for my own saddle to start Chester in. The only one I have is a big old ropin saddle-not the sort of thing to start in and WAY to big. I sort of gave up a few weeks ago because I didn't want to spend a ton of money for a starter. When he grows up, then I'll fit him with a nice one. Anyway, I was bopping around on Craigslist last night when I stumbled on a synthetic saddle for $50! Not only that, but I only had to drive twenty minutes to pick it up. I just couldn't believe my luck and went and got it! This is it..after I power washed all the bird poop off...




After I picked it up, I stopped at Atwoods and got a smaller girth and a halter/leadrope. They already have Christmas stuff out...crap, sometimes I don't realize how the time flies!






I was tired this afternoon, so Sami and I went to just hang with Chester for a while. Jeez, it was windy. He found something to look at...


Whatever it was, Sami stared too...


Uh, leave me alone! I'm still lookin!



Hubby, the kids, Sami and I all got home at the same time. Buckled down to homework, cleaning, laundry, etc...
Hubby worked in the garage, helping a friend with their truck.



Mr Smarty Pants figured out the quicker he gets done with homework and chores, the more Wii time he has :)

Later, we all sat down ate cheeseburgers and watched a Monsters vs Aliens halloween special.
A Happy Family is but an earlier heaven.
-John Bowring


No comments: