8/23/09

Good Grief?

Awww, aren't they cute?
Sweetie and Rachel.

Patience really riding tonight!
.
.
.
See the pretty kittens? Hubby got home from work Friday and I said "I'll be back". Where are you going? Okay, so don't get mad honey, but I'm going to get some kittens...surprise, he agreed! Too many mice = cats. Of course, they've got some growing up to do, in the mean time we'll cuddle and love. The darker one is Sweetie, the lighter is Rachel. I hope D doesn't mind that I stole two of her names (she has two onry fillies named Sweetie and Rachel). They are a nice addition to the three dogs and one horse we already own.
This weekend was clean-up, not pajamas. Darn. I cleaned house while hubby mowed and then we both worked on the lawn. (The rain did not help with weeds). Chester had another beautiful "just because" trailer ride! He's really a champ, no freaking - just a little nervous! Of course, I was to busy loading to get any pics of him being awesome! On another note, the deadline for show entry is this Friday. Patience had another little ride tonight. Before I could bear to enter her I laid on some really hard questions. Do you really want to ride? Her answer was yes. I said Ok, but no more messing around. You've got to learn how to post and get serious. She agreed. I warned that the next few weeks were going to be difficult-that I was going to PUSH her hard. We practiced at home, went over the rules and I pushed her to remember them. We got to D's and I pushed, D pushed (not as much as I have been), and by the end of the evening Patience was posting. I think she really wants to ride. I've never seen her work this hard or put up with me this much.
OHHHH, darn it! I can't wait to post about D and Marlin's barn! It's getting close...that's really so exciting and I can't wait for D to blog about it! Of course I didn't remember to get pics of it either...exasperated sigh.
I switched around- now we're at www.arabianhorsefamily.com so don't forget!

No comments: