8/9/09

Lots to yap about!








OK, so Friday Morning on my way home I spur of the moment decided to go and see the horses. Down the highway I go, look right-what is that? A FREAKIN BABY!!! Slam on my brakes and everything in my car goes flying forward at warp speed. WHAT DO I DO? Find your phone and call D. So, I'm looking for my phone (somewhere on the floorboard now) and my foot slips off the break, oops, not in the pen WITH the car-we can walk later. Phone found. D!!! You have a baby! "What?" YOU HAVE A BABY-IT IS HERE!!! "What's wrong?" BABY-I say again-freakin wake up your at work and you have a BABY IN THE PEN!! "Oh, it's here-she had a BABY!" Finally, she caught on to my gushing, "Take a pic and send it to me, what's it look like, babble, babble" I'm still in my car, give me a few minutes! "OK, bye!" Anyway, there is a baby horse and as you can see, all the two year olds were very curious and excited all at the same time. I got a very zen feeling from everyone and we all stood and groomed. I only let Gracie actually groom me because she's so gentle and never bites. I groomed her, groomed Chester, Tez, Red, and Soli-Gracie groomed me. We all watched the new baby while I hummed a few good songs. What a way to end the day! (sorry about the poor quality pics-camera phone and it was still pretty dark out)
Friday evening I brought the whole fam back to see the baby and Chester and I worked more on in hand till it got too dark to see anymore.












Saturday morning I woke up early and went to give all the two year olds their baths. Finally! First was Red, Tez,and Soli was next-Marlin heard my entire sailorvocab
while she completely avoided soap. Then Chester
followed by Gracie. Sammy got about four baths in
between everyone else. The rest of Saturday was declared
PJ day by me-way to hot to do anything anyway. In case
you're wondering-PJ day is where you lounge all day and
watch movies/read/nap/take pics etc....




























Above is the view out our picture window. Very beautiful!










Pancake mix!










Saturday evening we all went to the local Bartlesville Round Up Club Rodeo. The kids really had a good time. I enjoyed myself except for one little incident. The rope-beating cowboy. I seriously would love to buy his horse. After he missed his calf he proceeded to hit his horse about the head with a rope. Incredibly, the lovely creature did not turn his beautiful neck far around-open his wide jaws-rip off ole cowboy-throw his ass in the dirt-and proceed to stomp the life out of him. Really, he was fully capable, and yet did not do it : ) Other than that, the whole rodeo was delightful. (I guess there's one in every aspect of equines)
Sunday, was officially declared another PJ day! We made breakfast for lunch and dinner-bacon, eggs, and pancakes. I went by D's house and gave Chester his weight builder, but other than that it was movies and layin around again!
Oh, I can not let this go.....apparently a prisoner escaped from Kansas and made his way over to Kay County Oklahoma-wrecked his car at Thompson Creek and is now on foot-on the loose! So, I grew up over west of Blackwell and I know the kind of folks he's dealin with. My grandma has been sitting in her recliner at night with her shotgun : ) She's 91, by the way. She tells me her friend down the mile is sleepin with her 45. Poor bastard! He has NO CLUE where he is at. I don't mean geographically. I mean, with the people he's around, he may never be found.......
Well, that's my crazy weekend, crazy story, crazy family!!!






HERE IS THE BIG EMPTY SPACE I CAN'T GET RID OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









No comments: