8/26/09

Noses and a damn sweet horse.

Patience (that's cupcake icing)
Going through some pics today, I discovered a small obsession with noses.


Tristan with cupcake icing.

Oh, Clay looks onry.


The obsession extends into horsey life too.... Soli's nosey nose.




Laying in the hay - abstract nose pic.





Yep, I even kiss all the noses!



I sat on a bucket today and watched Chester eat.



Um, is she givin me some attitude or what? Crazy eye..





Aha! Finally got a pic of the horsewhisperer in the flesh. Braiding Tez's mane - that is one zen horse!

Down here is what's been done on the barn so far. It's exciting to see it going up!



Ah, Chester. Finally got to work in the round pen again today. He looks so handsome in his red halter and red splint boots. We worked on reverse with the lunge line. Then we worked reverse off the lunge line. The first time I asked for reverse he turned away and reversed - we worked a few more minutes, and I asked again. Genius! He reversed toward me and went right back into trot! I said whoa, clapped, said good boy, and kissed. We were done in the round pen for the day. I consider that a lofty accomplishment and I hope to repeat it tomorrow! Then we worked more "in hand" in the pen. I really am impressed with his attention. If I slow or speed up my walk at all, he's right there with an ear pointed my way. One thing I was having a hard time with was the right turn at the trot. Today, he did everything perfect and didn't try to go straight at trot-he turned right with me! I really love that horse (can you tell). Tez got worked again and I'm confident he'll be perfect! I was so hot (and tired) by the time we got done. It really wasn't the temperature, mostly the humidity. After I got home we ate, and while the kids played in the backyard I fell asleep in the hammock...then had to get up and go back to work!







No comments: