7/10/09

Busy day today.

Clippers?
I've been clipped! So handsome.

History in the making!

What a day! D busted out the clippers after I got my Wynchester fix and he did great. Bridle path, whiskers gone, face clip, and back of legs. He stood very still even while I rubbed the clippers all over his ears (no clipping there yet)! Every two year old got bridle paths today, loose in the pen-another day in the life of those crazy Arabian two year olds. (totally sarcastic)
Patience rode Prize! As you can see in the pic she progressed from D leading with a leadrope to Patience riding around by herself in under an hour. She got really brave and asked Prize for a trot and did well. D says she has "soft hands" whatever that means. When I learned to ride I got thrown on Buck (sans saddle-we could not afford one) and took off over about a thousand acres all the while falling and learning how to stay on-a must when you're too short to get back on yourself in the middle of a pasture. I'm really excited, Patience seems to love horses and I think has a natural talent, she looks great in the saddle : ) The boys even got to ride and I've got pics of them as well, post later! I got so distracted today we lost track of time and before I knew it-bam, time to go home and eat then shower and go to work!

No comments: