7/1/09

Try a different approach?

I get these e-mails from Charlies horse training resources and today is if you're not getting the result you want then try a different approach. Hmmmm....So, again today, I got Chester out of the pen for some more scary adventures and he really did great. His two year old crew got a little rowdy and he spun around a few times to figure out the commotion, but he calmed down very nicely. He trusts me and I him. However, again in the roundpen he kicked at me. Same as this weekend. When lunging left (his not so favorite direction) in the same spot of the roundpen he stops and when I encourage him on he turns butt to me and kicks and trys to reverse direction. A good crack of the whip and he stopped, but I'd rather prevent it from happening altogether. So, I think Charlie has the right idea today, I'll rack my brain (and Dian's and google and some books) and try something different tomorrow.

No comments: