7/28/09

Yesterdays title?

You may in fact be wondering what I meant by "the healing begins" yesterday, especially when all I posted was a bunch of pics and a few sentences. Well, I'll explain the best I can...
When D and I took Chester and Baby to the vet it was his first trip. He did exceptional in the trailer and was a little nervous when we got there. I managed to shut down completely. I don't know why, but when it came to leading him into the barn I just couldn't move my legs anymore. Chester didn't freak because I wasn't "home" so to speak, and so he felt okay? (Forgive me, I'm not a good analyzer) After he was done and while Baby got the once over, we walked around a bit and I felt good but a little disappointed with myself. Got me to wondering: Am I afraid of my horse? Afraid of getting hurt? or maybe just a big whiney ass? Anyway, I came up with that Chester and I know each other in the "round pen" and really neither of us has spent time together out of that safety net...So, out we went. Walked around the yard, across the street, past the scary school buses, into the school playground (where I might add we actually played a little). All the while, my kids ran around, the dog ran under him, I sat on the grass, Random and I talked about the weather and bills...etc. Why? Well, when I had Buck, Brandy and Tequilla (the two lovely horses I trained and subsequently sold) ponied around everywhere with us. Into the yard, into town, into the pond, etc...and Buck was big enough to take care of it all, so I never really got worried. I worry now, no Buck and I'm a complete idiot. Plus, I have to worry about no one else getting hurt. Worry, worry, worry. Fuckin A Just let it go and walk the horse. I have nothing but time.
So, that's what I'm doing.

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time...
But if you have come because your liberation is bound with mine,
then let us work together.
-Anonymous aboriginal woman

No comments: