7/6/09

Time off,

Chester and I had a good fourth...apart. I celebrated Saturday with hubby and kids and apparently Chester didn't care much about the fireworks. I was a little worried, but I heard he did fine and totally ignored it all which is good. This week we'll get back into the grind and work more on dancing. I read somewhere today that amateurs shouldn't train young horses they should hire a trainer because any other way is just plain dumb. Well, dumb it is, the trainer budget got left with the trailer budget and I'm pretty sure Chester's a patient man. (Plus have I mentioned how smart he is).
Oh, and I almost forgot about Chester's liniment. Thursday after our workout, I gave him a good cool rinse and put the liniment all over his legs-sans gloves, because it was a quickie in the middle of the pen. Big no no for Sally. My skin is allergic to liniment. MUST WEAR GLOVES because exactly where liniment had been my skin looked like one big welt. Luckily some soap and hydrocortisone cream was the remedy.

No comments: