9/17/09

Family Fun!

Patience was supposed to ride this afternoon, but it rained all night last night and the ground was too wet. We had already planned for everyone to head over to D's house after hubby got off work, so that's what we did anyway. Chester enjoyed visiting with his entire family. This summer, it was an everyday occurence. Since school started I get up and work Chester before the kids get out of school and hubby gets off work. With all the homework, laundry, earlier bedtimes, etc it is just easier that way. It was fun today anyway. The kids ran around and got muddy and hubby visited with Marlin. Dian and I got out Chester and Tez for a little in hand (Tez is competition!) combined with zen grazing and puddle playing. It was really nice weather as well which made the evening all the more pleasant. Chester and Tez out together was entertainment all by itself. I discovered that when I get Chester out by himself he's considerably calmer. Tez spooked at something real quick and put his head back in the grass and Chester just kept looking every which direction for another minute - slower recovery time! After a while though, they both got used to it and paid better attention. The show is going to be a really good time. I don't know about you, but I don't get out much and anticipation is really getting to me. I have taken a small vacation so we can enjoy the horse show as well as the fair and the kids are about to drive me nuts about it!

No comments: