9/16/09

Little somethings lead to big nothings....

Eventually came sooner than expected. You can't see it really well, but Chester is standing in a puddle. Granted, it's the shallow end, but we turned around here to the left and he walked back through the deeper part. I had on my mud boots so we did it together. I consider this a major accomplishment. Chester can not see the bottom of the water hole, but with gentle encouragement and praise he swallowed a little fear and did what I asked. Someday, while under saddle on some long winding trail we'll come across water and cross with no hesitations.

1 comment:

Heather said...

YAY!!! I remember the first time I got Boomer to go into a puddle! What a huge accomplishment! The constant fall and spring flooding can give a ton of training 'opportunities'!!! Good for you guys! That is a huge fist step in Chester gaining bravery over scary things! Is there anything else is he afraid of?