9/21/09

Whisper so your horse will listen.

Sharing some awesome pics of the weekend!




Obviously not caring about the cooler!


Hubby took pics and they look really "vintage" which is neat to me.






Shaking the cooler-Chester's not giving a s***



Damn, that's a handsome horse!





I love these pics, thank you Dian! We did a mock show..guess who won?






Just thought I'd throw this back in here, aren't you impressed?






Rawhideeeeeee, yah!



Just amuse yourself with the next few pics...






































The barn, the barn, the barnnnnnn!!!!








It's gettin there.




Sami was a little pissed about being home by herself.



Don't worry, we made it up to her : )


Wow! What a weekend...Friday evening, went to work Chester and decided it was time for him to try wearing his cooler. I wanted to try before the show; for one to see if he'd even wear it and for two I was expecting some sort of reaction...Never even got a snort. After letting him sniff (and taste) for a few minutes, I layed it on his back folded up and walked around the pen a couple times. Then, I unfolded it one time and did the same walk. He was doing perfect, but it was pretty breezy and I thought maybe the wind blowing it out would make him spook a little. I unfolded the cooler all the way and shook it around, moved it, pulled it up over his eyes and - nothing. We walked around and around and Chester was perfectly fine with the cooler, in fact, he got a little bored and tried to eat it! So much for any excitement about the cooler. After that, I lunged Chester and we practiced the canter command. He's a little lazy, so getting to the canter takes effort, but coming back to trot is easy as pie. We had to head home early for supper and such cause hubby had to work Saturday. (Did he ever work Sat, fourteen hours total).
Saturday morning the kids and I headed over to D's to ride. Patience needed practice desperately and I got to ride Garry again, so did both the boys! After that, I asked D if I could watch her lunge the two year olds for some pointers and just all around learnin. I like to watch, research, think, apply-if that makes any sense at all. Chester got his round-pen workout and then he and I plus the kids all headed over to the school playground just for fun. Of course, I didn't get any pics of THAT!
Sunday was a kicker! Hubby headed over early to help Marlin with the barn again and I headed over to get Patience some more practice. I even got to ride Garry. Dian threw a mock "show" to get Patience used to the "ring" so to speak, and she did very well. Prize was exhausted. Garry and I had a little fun herding fugly out of the way - sans saddle of course. Which brings me to another topic altogether. I hate saddles. I can not stand the way they feel and frankly, saddles get between my communication to the horse. As I was about to hop on Garry, Dian says she's gonna watch for a few minutes because Garry's not been ridden bareback before to her knowledge. I think Garry loved it! Apparently, Garry will be my mount for the "Ride for Diabetes" next month. (fund raiser trail ride) I was reading through the rules tonight, and bareback is against the rules - I call that closed minded, but I'm still going on the ride : )
Back onto the weekend: After our morning ride, we gave Garry and Prize a bath and headed out for lunch for the hard workin men. Then it was even more baths (I have since learned rain is in tomorrow's forecast-figures). Red, Tez, Gracie, Chester, Soli, and Sammy all got baths and my feet freakin hurt! Oh well, I did get a good workout. If it somehow does not rain tomorrow, Chester will get more work and we'll practice in-hand for the show!


Okay, don't laugh at me, I wrote a Wynchester poem. God help me, I'm going to publish it for your reading pleasure, boredom, laughter....jeez.
The horse in my dreams
takes flight.
Mane flowing,
eyes glowing,
he thunders toward me.
The beat of a drum
each hoofbeat
makes my soul hum.
Two spirits
are free.
You don't know it
but
you rescued me.











2 comments:

D said...

Hey, I like the poem. See, you write really well. Your's is worth reading and entertaining.
D

Sally said...

Okay everybody! Head on over to darabqueen.blogspot.com or www.elizacreekarabians.com to read D's stuff!