9/25/09

Wants, needs, and everything in between.



So, I e-mailed about that horse...asking price is $5k. I might as well walk outside, pick up some pebbles, and try to hit the moon. Don't laugh, I'm serious! Anyway, Chester will reach rideablity in the next couple years and we'll be able to hit the trails - plus, for now, I can borrow a horse for the kids to ride from Dian.
The show is next week! The Tulsa State Fair is next week! Hubby probably wouldn't admit it, but he's excited about our little trip too...I'm taking three days vacation and he's taking two. My parents and hubby's mom are coming to watch Patience show and for an upside to the whole experience, we'll get to let the kids enjoy the fair! My excitement can no longer be contained!!! Since we haven't taken any vacations this year - this is IT.
Patience has her b-day party this Saturday and we're keeping it simple. Burgers, cake, and ice cream along with a few friends and family. I'm actually not sure who's coming...I gave hubby the date and time, then put him in charge of invitations so I have no idea who, how many, if?. Oh, and I'm not cleaning house - everyone can eat outside...
I took the whole family to see Chester tonight and he did great as usual. We practiced some trotting and standing and IF I can get him to stay focused at the show he should do amazing. Some kids rode by on bikes and he never even blinked, MY kids jumped on some metal and he spooked in place (trust me, it was freakin loud). All in all, I'm proud of his progress. Patience told me tonight that she's nervous about her class. I said she'd do just fine and this is just dress-up practice anyway....well, maybe fibbed a little but she'll relax some.


I was beboppin around the net earlier and look at this bullshit: forgive me, I must be negative for the next paragraph.

I get these training tips from "Charlie" at horsetrainingresources.com and I really don't recall how. He's always yappin about try this and that and the "pulley bridle" got me curious. It states that THIS bridle fixes: 1.horses that are mean or bad to mount (they're mean cause you're stickin every stupid fuckin gadget on 'em every time you get them out) 2.Horses that rear (hell, I'd flip plumb over if you tried to stick THAT in my mouth) 3.Bad to shoe (what the fuck does a bridle have to do with feet) 4.Bad to Groom (you've got to be kidding me) 5.Bad to bridle or harness (lets ruin a good mouth) 6.Bad to lead (my mouth just dropped to the floor). Now, I'm sure there are worse things out there but this pissed me off! Jezz, just spend some time visiting and ASKING your horse to be wonderful and they will - TIME people TIME!


And here I've found the perfect saddle!


It's treeless and $599 - but it's beyond perfect for Chester and I so it's going in the "for sure" overtime purchases!

No comments: