9/15/09

I AM FAMOUS!

Really, you're famous? Yup Soli, just head on over to www.gcaha.org and scroll on down to 2009 Halter Clinic. You'll find that they not only posted the pics I sent, but also my friggin NAME. Not to mention that I accompanied Dian. I was surprised, I sent the pics on a whim and didn't expect to actually get them posted.




It's been raining. It's supposed to keep raining. The entire pen and roundpen are muddy and sloshy. Dian says yea, because it makes good grass (Chester appreciated the grass) and she always looks on the bright side...blah, blah, freakin blah. Fact is, I had to bribe Chester to the gate because I was feeling mare-ish and didn't want to get mud on me. Thankfully, he was in agreement and happy to oblige. He stood tied while I groomed him and patiently waited for his reward - grass. We walked up and down the road a ways and this is weird - I pick up the trash in the ditch and throw it around. He used to bolt, but now I only sometimes get a snort. I tried the big puddle again, and he did play a little in it (pawing and lipping) but wouldn't actually walk through it. That's ok, we'll get around to that eventually.



So, Chester. How do you feel about a road trip? Idaho is what I have in mind. 2010 Sport Horse Nationals to be exact...Between the Tulsa show next month and the Arkansas victory challenge in April we should be able to qualify. I might get a second job for the winter (agency or PRN) and work a couple weekends a month to pay for all my horsey ambitions next summer, fall, rest of my life, etc....Anyway, Chester says whatever-I'll go wherever my family goes!

No comments: