9/8/09

It just figures...

So, Friday morning I get home to a sick kid. Saturday morning equals two more sick ones...Sunday morning is a sick momma. Numerous trips to the pharmacy for the kids and they were well enough to head off to school Tues morning. Not mom, she called in sick to work (two days in a row-on a holiday weekend) and drug ass (up till now). Today, I decided that since I'm heading off to work tonight and Walgreens is open till ten, that I'll just wait and run by about nine and pic up my script (took my last one about seven this evening). Well, walgreens shut down their cash registers early-forty five minutes early to be exact and no amount of begging or bitchin at the manager would convince them to turn it back on. Great, now I'm stuck at work all night without my med and not one pharmacy in town opens again till eight in the morning. The manager did offer it for FREE if I could just come back about 8am tomorrow-its four friggin dollars. Now, that brings me to another point. For all the wonderful things Bartlesville offers our family, there is not one 24 hour pharmacy in this whole stinkin town. We could really get started on the other two pharmacies I've tried in town, but I'll spare those stories for now...I would suggest if you're a family and looking into moving that a 24 hour pharmacy should be a top two priority.
Enough about pharmacies! I did manage to work Chester some the past few days, and he got a nice bath. Hubby helped with the barn again, and it's coming along nicely. Post illness, I plan to pick up my to-do list again and pay attention to it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Bummer! I'm sorry you spent the holiday weekend sick! We used to live near the walgreens and it always blew my mind that it wasn't 24/7!