9/10/09

Farrier Made It!!!

As you can see, I have a "team" for my horse. Amateur requirement I'm afraid! Chester stands very well for the farrier and I'm proud of his patience. The farrier's name is Steve and he's just priceless. For one, he'll do Arabians, and he's got experience enough to handle anything those sneaky two year olds can throw at 'em! Steve was patient enough at the last appointment to go through anatomy and various things that can go wrong. This time, he was patient enough to let me take pics. Dian is patient enough to hold my horse each time!



The "team" hard at work.
Front hooves before. Steve mentioned X, Y, Z views but I'm not that talented as a photographer.


Gettin the "trim"

A little filing.




Hoof in the stand.



And wala! Well done Steve!




Workin the rear.



Chester's kissin on the front end.




More filing!



All four done and balanced!




Tez with his team.




Sammy says he is not so sure about this, but he sure looks handsome!
Steve has a facebook page somewhere and he chronicles his "fixes" (from what I understand).
This was Chester and Tez's last trim before the show and it's exceptional work. Prize and Garry got shoes, but I had to head home, maybe next time....
Thanks for letting me borrow your camera D!











No comments: